Search This Blog

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Symbol

Defention: A symbol is used to represent something, be it metaphorically or literally a symbol can be a picture or used in words. A symbol can always mean something deeper than presented.

Example:
Diamond of Passion
There I stood, alone in the dark tunnel. Then I saw a light.
 Could it be? The man I have admired from a far?!
 He came up to me. My muscles were paralyzed, sweat dripped from my forehead.
 What could he want? He came closer, then I saw that he had something behind his back.
 He knelt down and presented me with a tall, skinny box. I was spell bound! He lowered his head, and then he spoke. All he could say was "here". I took the parcel from his shaking hands.
 I sat down trembling. What could it be?
 I opened the box, and there, laying in it was eleven beautiful roses!
 I've never seen anything so beautiful in all my life!
 There were five soft pink roses and five pure white roses.
 They were so beautiful, but I know that they could not last forever. But right there in the middle of them was a hand made silk rose! Its sleek beauty would last forever.
Lying there was a note, it read: "To my dearest love; we have been apart to long, but I could not confront you until now. My love for you is strong, and I hope yours is strong for me. Some say love is like a rose, beautiful when it is in bloom, but it cannot last forever. 
Whoever could say that lives in the depths of Hell.
 For love is truly like a diamond! It shimmers and sparkles beautifully, and it will continue to shine eternally! Our love shall be a diamond, whose beauty was hidden in a rock, but now that rock is open and our love shall shine forever!" I couldn't help myself! It was the most gorgeous words that I have ever heard spoken together! I couldn't help but cry! How beautiful it was! 
Then I noticed a small wrapped circle around the silk rose. I reached for it, and unwrapped the paper. There was the most beautiful thing I have truly seen! 
Even more so beautiful then the roses! It was a gold ring! But no ordinary gold ring at that. In the center of it was a rose quartz, the gem of true love, carved like a rose bud, and the ring was the stem, for the leaves of the ring were the most highly polished diamonds I had ever seen. 
They were carved like hearts. On the inside of the ring was an inscription. "Our love shall shine forever".
 I ran to him, bawling with joy. Then we kissed and he too was bawling. It was so very perfect! Then...I woke up. It was all...a dream?
 Will I ever find true love, and will it be so romantically perfect?
 I don't know. I just have to let fate work its magic! 
So I cried myself to sleep thinking that nothing will ever be as perfect as a dream.
 

-Jenni Kirby 

Authors Note:
Don't spend your life fantasizing on how wonderful love can be. That dream of yours could come true while your waiting for it. Don't think about it, let it come when it comes! Let fate do the work for you. I wrote this a long time ago...and now I know..that dreams really do come true.

Found on: http://arcadia_999.tripod.com/diamond.html 


~*~



Significance: A symbol used in poetry can represent an idea through an image created through the poem. A symbol can be tangible or intangible, and the reader can try to find out what symbols can mean or have meant.

No comments:

Post a Comment